French Revolution A block
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A killing of a god

2 posters

Go down

A killing of a god Empty A killing of a god

Post  KylePick Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:35 am

The last few months in France have been truly, destructive. Riots are now as common as seeing clouds in the sky. The new government, the National Convention was trying it's best to reform France. To calm the nerves of the citizens they decided to execute the man they thought was respondsible for all these times of misfortune, King Louis XVI! The execution was on January 21, 1793 on a foggy and unsettling morning. I myself was one of the first to arrive at the momentous occasion, however, I considered it a public murder for all to see. Thousands came to watch the king get beheaded, I even heard one man up front say "perhaps because we are so close we might get splashed with the blood of royaly", I thought he was mad. I thought to myself I felt as mad as him and and just as guilty, becuse I did say yes at the Tennis Court Oath to make a constitution no matter what the cost. The hated king appeared at last and everyone was silent, he tried to give his last words but the drummers drone him out and in a few seconds the king was dragged to the guillotine and beheaded. One officer picked the head up and paraded it around like an animal he just shot. People cherred and laughed and shouted "long live the republic!". I myself went home only to think what we had done. The act showed the world a new era, in which peasants rule over kings. The nightmare made it very hard to sleep as I recall, I must remmeber to see the mad man at the execution, after all I also help out at the medical ward.

KylePick

Back to top Go down

A killing of a god Empty Are you kidding me?

Post  historyablock1 Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:13 pm

Why a god?

historyablock1

Back to top Go down

A killing of a god Empty Absolute monarchs call themselves gods!

Post  KylePick Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:32 am

They call themselves gods because of divine right and they also rule us like gods. I am not of fan of absolute monarchs, so I am happy that we no longer have one, but why did we have to behead him!? We could have just exiled him.

KylePick

Back to top Go down

A killing of a god Empty Re: A killing of a god

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum