French Revolution A block
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In France, We Have No Order

2 posters

Go down

In France, We Have No Order Empty In France, We Have No Order

Post  KylePick Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:36 am

On July 14, 1789 I witnessed an event that will shake the country to the core. The people around town were furious and scared when a rumor had told them that royal troops were going to occupy the capital. More than 800 citizens made their way to the Bastille, which was a medieval foretress that was now being used as a prison. I came along as well, not to fight but rather to observe the dispute at hand. When we arrived at our destination, the mob was demanding the weapons and gunpowder that was said to be held there. Then the angry commander, unhappy about the matter opened fire upon the innocent crowd. The quarrel that took place was horrifying, several people died including the commander and five other guards of the Bastille. They also released a few prisoners in the struggle to add to the mayhem. The assualt was in vain however, the mob found no weapons. Something told me run home as fast as I could to avoid being thrown in jail or beheaded for participating in the revolt. I see now that in France, we have lost all order.

KylePick

Back to top Go down

In France, We Have No Order Empty Wait a minute...

Post  historyablock1 Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:21 pm

Are you sure about that? Are you truly sure about what you just said, Chandler?

historyablock1

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum