French Revolution A block
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Storming The Bastille

4 posters

Go down

Storming The Bastille Empty Storming The Bastille

Post  MattHolm Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:18 am

My name is Matt Holm an i am a lord in Paris. When I heard about many of my neighbors storming the Bastille I was not sure what to do. Once i heard that many people were coming to Paris for something i knew it must of been the Bastille. I was very confused at this point because many of my family members were going along with it on the attack. I really did not want to attack even though i did not agree with the reign of terror. I then woke up one morning and started loading my rifle. i had no idea what came over me! i woke up and saw hundreds possibly thousands of people marching down the streets of Paris and something just came over me that made me go with them. we then had the Bastille in sight i was one of the thousands of people marching along in the group, but i was one of the few with a musket and also being in the second class i was a large minority in the march. Not many second class people went because they were rich and had nothing to worry about but the third class was the high majority I would say 98% was third class. We were within 100 meters from the Bastille I could see 30 - 40 guards scrambling for weapons. It was easy to tell that the Guards were not prepared for the attack. I soon saw a man who looked like the Captain of the Bastille he put his hands up and surrendered but he disappeared under the angry mob faster than you could see him come out of the main gate. Soon after the gates were penetrated and the Bastille was cleared out many guards lie dead and the storage rooms recently filled with ammo and weapons were cleared. The revolution was many steps closer to being won by the average people of France. Anything that the first estate used to have they no longer have. The man that France has been talking about, the man that you cant walk down the street without hearing about, Maximilian Robespierre has lost the battle that he had started, beaten at his own game. a few days later Robespierre was caught and publicly executed in front of thousands of people. the moment that blade went down the Reign of Terror was over and a new beginning was here for France lets hope our next king is better than this past one possily the worst king France has ever had Louis XIV.

MattHolm

Back to top Go down

Storming The Bastille Empty You sicken me...

Post  Jeff Q Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:26 am

You can't join those peasants! They are nothing. I, the Bishop of Albi, will never join those traitorous swine. So says the Lord!

Jeff Q

Back to top Go down

Storming The Bastille Empty Time of Concern

Post  KylePick Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:58 am

This is nothing to celebrate! Being a member of the Third Estate, I do see why people would act in such a manner. However, I am not sure France can enter a time of prosperity without a king to rule over the the people. I know that the king treats us badly, but solving a problem with violence will only lead to more violence! All the people should agree on making a better country through peace instead.

KylePick

Back to top Go down

Storming The Bastille Empty yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Post  jordan1191 Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:46 am

yayyy lets celebrate without me none of this would have been possible. i leaked you intel from the inside

jordan1191

Back to top Go down

Storming The Bastille Empty Re: Storming The Bastille

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down